JMRI provides several applications that are optimized for specific purposes. You can of course also write your own.
- A better tool for programming decoders. DecoderPro
simplifies the job of configuring complicated DCC decoders
by providing screens on which you can select the various
options and values you want.
Open DecoderPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
- Operating CRT based CTC control panels that reflect the
real-time state of your railroad and let you
control it - almost like a Prototype dispatcher!
Open PanelPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
- A system for Dispatching, grouping your Roster and Throttles.
- Create Train Manifests that detail the work your train crews will perform during an operations session. The Manifest lists of car pick up and set outs, shows where the cars are located, and provides the cars' destinations.
- A set of tools for using Audio with JMRI.
Open SoundPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
Additional Applications with JMRI Connections...
Hobbyists have created applications that work with JMRI to provide extra capabilities. In addition, some commercial vendors have created applications that work with, add data to, or take data from JMRI
See the community/connections directory for a list and links. New applications can be added at any time!
JMRI Features and Tools
- JMRI provides many features and tools to set up and operate your layout that are shared across most JMRI applications. You can find additional information about each by clicking through the links in the sidebar or the tools index page.
- In addition to the common tools, there are many system-specific tools that are available within most of the JMRI applications. You can find additional information about each by clicking through the links in the system-specific tools index page. The tools themselves are invoked from their own menu pulldowns within the JMRI applications when you have JMRI configured for each specific System Connection.