JMRI provides several applications that are optimized for specific purposes. You can of course also write your own.
- A better tool for programming decoders. DecoderPro
simplifies the job of configuring complicated DCC decoders
by providing screens on which you can select the various
options and values you want.
Open DecoderPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
- Operating CRT based CTC control panels that reflect the
real-time state of your railroad and let you
control it - almost like a Prototype dispatcher!
Open PanelPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
- A system for Dispatching, grouping your Roster and Throttles.
- Create Train Manifests that detail the work your train crews will perform during an operations session. The Manifest lists of car pick up and set outs, shows where the cars are located, and provides the cars' destinations.
- A set of tools for using Audio with JMRI.
Open SoundPro by double clicking its icon in the JMRI installation folder.
- Mainfest Creator
- Manifest Creator is an Excel-based add-on to JMRI that can provide train manifests and switch lists in a number of formats.
- TrainCrew allows engineers and conductors using wireless throttles to add realism to their operations.
- CATS provides a modern dispatching screen for your model railroad.
- Common Tools and features to set up and operate your layout shared by most JMRI applications.
- System-specific Tools are available in most of the JMRI applications from their own menu when you have JMRI configured for that System Connection.