JMRI Layout Automation
JMRI applications provide a large number of ways of automating your layout, ranging from
simple fill-in forms to full-fledged scripting and programming capabilities. These
- JMRI provides signaling logic from simple to prototypical, which can be used to drive
your signals in many applications.
Entry Exit (NX)
NX Routing builds a dynamic valid path between two locations on a Layout Editor Panel.
Warrants let you automatically run trains on layouts with Control Panel Editor Panels.
Dispatcher lets you dispatch and (automatically) run trains on layouts with Layout Editor Panels.
- A simple form of automation is to define Routes, which allow you to simplify the
control of your turnouts and signals.
- LRoutes are like Routes but offer more types of control. When an LRoute is defined, it
automatically creates Logix statements (see below) which can be further edited to implement
even more route controls.
CTC (Centralized Traffic Control)
- A set of tools to help in the automation of CTC Panels.
- Using JMRI Logix, you can specify actions to happen when various conditions occur on
- The Next Generation of Logix capabilities with a modular structure for extending and
the ability to create more complex logic without scripting.
- JMRI provides a very powerful scripting tool. Based on a real programming language, it
gives you access to all the JMRI capabilities.
Writing your own code in Java
- The JMRI libraries greatly simplify writing a program to make your layout do exactly
what you want.