Hardware Support: Wangrow System One
- Wangrow System One (produced until 2003)
To connect your computer to a Wangrow system, you can usually just connect the command
station to the computer's serial port using a 9-pin serial cable.
Some Wangrow command stations have an "optional analog control circuit". In these, pins 5,
6, and 9 are used with an analog voltage as a separate throttle. If you have one of these
Command Stations, a normal 9-pin serial cable will not work! You'll need to
make a custom cable that just connects the "send data", "receive data" and "ground" pins. See
your Wangrow manual for details.
- Open the Connections tab in the Preferences of a JMRI-based program. This opens
automatically the first time a program is run, or you can select it from the "Edit"
- Select "Wangrow" from the System Manufacturer drop-down menu.
- Select a serial port in the System Connection drop-down.
- The baud rate selection box will be fixed at 9600 baud.
- Click "Save". You'll be asked if it's OK for the program to quit; click "Yes".
- Restart the program. You should be up and running.
Third Party info
Wangrow SystemOne on DCC Wiki