Hardware Support: Wangrow System One
- Wangrow System One (produced until 2003)
To connect your computer to a Wangrow system, you can
usually just connect the command station to the computer's
serial port using a 9-pin serial cable.
Some Wangrow command stations have an "optional analog
control circuit". In these, pins 5, 6, and 9 are used with an
analog voltage as a separate throttle. If you have one of
these Command Stations, a normal 9-pin serial cable
will not work! You'll need to make a custom cable
that just connects the "send data", "receive data" and
"ground" pins. See your Wangrow manual for details.
- Open the Connections tab in the Preferences of a
JMRI-based program. This opens automatically the first time
a program is run, or you can select it from the "Edit"
- Select "Wangrow" from the System Manufacturer drop-down
- Select a serial port in the System Connection
- The baud rate selection box will be fixed at 9600
- Click "Save". You'll be asked if it's OK for the
program to quit; click "Yes".
- Restart the program. You should be up and running.
Third Party info
on DCC Wiki