Hardware Support: SPROG Generation 5 Hardware
Available as a firmware upgrade to the original Pi-SPROG One, the Pi-SPROG 3 turns a
Raspberry Pi module into a fully fledged stand-alone DCC programmer and command station.
SPROG 3 Plus and Pi-SPROG Plus
DCC command stations and programmers with integrated CBUS® adapters (no need for a
separate USB - CAN adapter) and dual track outputs.
- Two track outputs allow simultaneous running and programming.
- Main track output up to 2.5 Amps
- Flexible second track output features:
- Up to 2.5 Amp output
- Can be disabled when not programming
- Can follow main track output when not programming allowing locos to be driven onto
an isolated programming track.
- Can be used as an auto-reverse power district output (no service mode programming
available in this mode.
- CAN interface (to be enabled in a future firmware release) for full CBUS
CANISB Isolated USB CAN adapter
A electrically isolated USB CAN adapter that removes any electrical connection between the
host computer's USB interface and the CBUS network.
Hardware Setup with JMRI
Create a new profile. The example shown is for Pi-PSROG 3 hardware. Enter the name and
Select the New Profile and click OK
Click Next when the Wizard appears.
Make the following
- System Manufacturer: SPROG DCC Generation 5
- System Connection: Select your hardware, e.g., showing Pi-SPROG 3
- Serial Port: Selection will depend on host computer and operating system
Click Next to complete the setup.
CBUS is a registered trade mark of Dr Michael Bolton