Release Notes for JMRI 4.15.2 release
Date:January 11, 2019
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test Release 4.15.2 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test releases. We expect this series to end in the next JMRI production release during early Summer 2019. (See the tentative release schedule)
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test release should be considered experimental.
Update From Older JMRI Versions
If you are currently using JMRI 4.11.9 or earlier, we strongly recommend that you update to JMRI 4.12 and make sure that's running OK before updating to this test release. Once you have JMRI 4.12 running OK, store your configuration and panel files and use those from then on. There have been a number of changes in serial port support, panel file format and configuration options since those earlier releases, and moving to the stable JMRI 4.12 release is a good way to work through any possible problems.
If you are currently using JMRI 4.7.3 or earlier on Linux or macOS (Windows doesn't need this), you must update to JMRI 4.12 and carrying out the migration process described in the JMRI 4.12 release note before updating to this release.
Known problems with this release
New warnings for this release:
Older warningsSee the JMRI 4.14 release note for more warnings predating the 4.15 development series. These may be relevant to you if you're updating from an earlier version.
Since JMRI 4.11.4 There are issues with the Pi-SPROG One command station operation. A number of workarounds should be applied:
- Do not turn on the track power until the power supply to the Pi-SPROG ONE is turned on
- Do not enable extra debugging through default.lcf, nor open the system console window
- Do not open the SPROG console window
- Disable power conversion (CV 29) in all locos
- If connecting via VNC (or similar), setup the screen layout before turning on the track power
Since JMRI 4.11.2 The system connection preferences (i.e. hardware preferences) are now enforcing the correct form for system prefixes: One upper case letter, optionally followed by a number (one or more digits, e.g. "L12"). Existing prefixes in existing configurations are unchanged, but new ones will have to have the correct form. If your layout uses a non-compliant prefix, i.e. "DX", "DCCPP", "DP", "MR", "MC", "PI", or "TM" please contact us for help in getting it migrated to a proper form. JMRI 4.16 will require that this have been fixed.
Download links:Please note that the download links in this and future JMRI releases link to Github servers. People are welcome to distribute the download files further via other websites, etc. If you want to check that you've received original, unmodified versions, please check the files against the checksums shown below.
- OS X / macOS: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.15.2/JMRI.4.15.2+Rfda0762.dmg
- Windows: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.15.2/JMRI.4.15.2+Rfda0762.exe
- Linux: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.15.2/JMRI.4.15.2+Rfda0762.tgz
Changes since Test release 4.15.1:The list of included commits is available from our GitHub code repository.
Virtual Sound Decoder
- Klaus Killinger added "headless" mode, i.e. running VSD without a graphical user interface. See the documentation for details.