Release Notes for JMRI 3.1.6 release
Date: December 2, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.1.6 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs!
And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go
back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series
to end in a JMRI 3.2 production release.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive.
They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well.
Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
JMRI is now only available under the
GNU General Public License. For more information, please
copyright and licensing page.
New warnings for this version:
To allow use of UTF-8 characters (special characters with accents, Japanese text, etc) in XML
files, particularly decoder definitions, the default file encoding has been changed to UTF-8.
This requires a change to the startup scripts distributed with JMRI.
If you're just using the JMRI-provided startup tools, you should be all set.
If you're using your own custom startup scripts,
you need to add a "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" option to them.
If you have any problems with special characters in your existing files,
please let us know as soon as possible.
This release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this release
None at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.1.5
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
- New feature for trains, you can now prevent local moves even when using custom loads.
You can also prevent through traffic from origin to terminal. See under Edit Train, Tools,
Train Build Options.
- Now when you select a car type in the location window, the program will bring up the
"Modify location by car type" window. Now you can quickly see which tracks will service the car
- Removed switch list and build report options from the Print Options window. Build
report options now have their own window. Switch list options were moved the switch list window
that is launched by the "Switch List" button in the Trains window.
- Increased the number of fonts available for operations. Only monospaced fonts are now
available if you've selected tabular manifests and switch lists.
- Improved the train build reports. Now the build report separates each car being
processed by a line break in very detailed mode.
- Fixed a problem with selecting the "Courier" font that was introduced in 3.1.5.
- Fixed a problem with the Switch List window not appearing when the default printer
wasn't specified on the PC. We only know of one user that has experienced this problem, might
be related to one of the newer versions of Java.
Stephen Lowens provided a decoder definition for the Tsunami for Rapido FP9A.
If you define a sensor for OpenLCB using just one event, it will work in a momentary fashion.
Fixed a problem where CAN interfaces might pick up the wrong protocol name in the preferences.
Kevin Dickerson made the following changes:
- DP3 - Fixed the issue where the splash screen was not displayed at startup and the buttons added at Startup were not displayed.
- DP3 - Added the option to suppress the quitting application message.
Nigel Cliffe and Mark Waters added some new Zimo Unified Software decoder definitions.
Gert Muller fixed a problem preventing the help page from showing for the preference pane.
Bob Milhaupt removed OpSw 36 from the DCS51 configuration page, as it's not supported by that command station.
Bryan Vianco provided two MRC decoder definitions