Release Notes for JMRI 2.99.7 release
Date: July 5, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.99.7 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs!
And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go
back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series
to end in a JMRI 3.0 production release, probably in Summer 2012.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive.
They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well.
Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
JMRI is now only available under the
GNU General Public License. For more information, please
copyright and licensing page.
New warnings for this version:
This release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this release
The consist tool when connected to a NCE command station will not always show all of the available consists, usually 127, 126, and 125 are missing.
As an alternative, you can use the NCE consist tool. We expect to have this problem fixed in the next test release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Mac OS X: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jmri/files/test%20files/JMRI.2.99.7-r20746.dmg/download
Changes since test release 2.99.6
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
- New operations feature, user can select a page size of 3.25" x 11" for hand held
devices. See the Print Options page for detail.
Steve Todd made the following change:
- In Layout Editor, added new options for customizing the display of turnouts (circle color, circle size, draw unselected leg).
Alain Carasso added a Trix sound decoder definition.
Mike Mosher updated the QSI Version 8 decoder definitions.
Kevin Dickerson made the following changes:
- DP3 - Added the JMRI version to the status bar.
- Layout Editor - Updated the block routing details so that it is initialized after all the layout blocks have been initialized.
- Layout Editor - Fixed an issue with Slip that was introduced in 2.99.6.
- Editors - Add the ability to set the orientation of a label to be vertical up or vertical down. For icons in memory labels, this will also rotate the assigned icon to match
- SignalHeads - Fix bug 3535156.
- SignalMasts - Automatically create a resources/signals directory for user created custom Signal Mast definitions.
- SignalMast Logic - Fix an issue in the logic where disabled aspects were still being considered as potential valid aspects.
- Direct Driver Serial - Prevent this from being selected in the preferences for certain OS that are not supported.
- ESU - Added RailCom decoder reporter support.
- ESU - Fix an issue in the loco monitor where the initial states of locos was not reported.
- Added in initial support for the TAMs System with help from Jan Boen - please note that this is still in development.
Randall Wood made the following changes:
- Added an About box to all JMRI applications.