Release Notes for JMRI 1.3.12 developer release
Date: April 3, 2004
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 1.3.12 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for
- This is a test release.
- Please post a note if you encounter any
new or old bugs!
- Please back up your JMRI files before
installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier
- Although there are many important items on the to-do lists, we also
need a new production version. Please test this version thoroughly,
and post your results. Unless new critical problems are found, this
will become the production version on April 6th, 2004.
Older warnings for the 1.3 series of test versions:
- Panel files written by this and later versions may not be readable
with versions before 1.3.0. Older files will remain readable, but if
you edit them with this version and then store them, you might not be
able to read them if you go back to version 1.2.5.
- There is no OS/2 version of this test release because our OS/2
test machine is no longer online. If you have a suitable OS/2
machine and are willing to host our release testing, please let me
- If you are building your own copy of the program from the source
code using Ant, please make sure to update the build.xml file.
There have been some changes in the build procedure during the
- These downloads are significantly larger than version 1.3.5 and
previous. This is due to the addition of a help system starting in
test version 1.3.8.
- LocoNet sensor numbering has been changed starting in version
1.3.4! This will effect people who have panel files (.xml files
containing panel definition) for LocoNet block occupancy sensors.
The sensor numbers now start with 1, not 0, so you'll have to edit
the panel files to change e.g. LS0 to LS1, LS23 to LS24, etc. This
does not effect input via other (non-LocoNet) protocols, including
C/MRI, NCE AIU, etc. If you use LocoNet sensor numbers for the
Speedometer, you'll have to increase them by one also.
- If you have pre-1.2.3 roster entries that use Zimo decoder
definitions, you'll have to recreate them. The Zimo decoder
definitions have been completely reworked in a better organization
starting with test version 1.2.3.
Changes since test version 1.3.11:
- Paul Bender updated the XPressNet algorithms for driving turnouts,
with help from Marco Forcone
- Fix a problem with the SE8 example file that kept the background
from being visible. (Bug 928363)
- Randy Jones provided decoder ID for the BLI AC5 Cab Forward
- Larry Meaney provided decoder ID for the Digitrax DN163K0b decoder
Please use these links for downloading, including the
"?download" at the end. That adds to SourceForge's advertising
statistics, which makes them happy to host our stuff.