JMRI Layout Automation
JMRI applications provide a
large number of ways of automating your layout, ranging from
simple fill-in forms to full-fledged scripting and
programming capabilities. These include:
- JMRI provides signaling logic from simple to
prototypical, which can be used to drive your signals in
- Entry Exit (NX)
- NX Routing builds a dynamic valid path between two
locations on a
- Warrants let you automatically run trains on layouts with
Control Panel Editor Panels.
- Dispatcher lets you dispatch and (automatically) run
trains on layouts with Layout
- A simple form of automation is to define Routes, which
allow you to simplify the control of your turnouts and signals.
- LRoutes are like Routes but offer more types of control.
When an LRoute is defined, it automatically creates Logix
statements (see below) which can be further edited to implement even more route controls.
- CTC (Centralized Traffic Control)
- A set of tools to help in the automation of CTC Panels.
- Using JMRI Logix, you can specify actions to happen
when various conditions occur on the layout.
- The Next Generation of Logix capabilities with a modular structure for
extending and the ability to create more complex logic without scripting.
- JMRI provides a very powerful scripting tool. Based on
a real programming language, it gives you access to all the
- Writing your own code in
- The JMRI libraries greatly simplify writing a program
to make your layout do exactly what you want.