Release Notes for JMRI 3.5.2 release
Date: August 23, 2013
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.5.2 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.6 production release around the end of the year.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:
This release and all future releases will not support the NCE serial interface running at 19,200 baud.
This release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6 or newer.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.5.1:
- Updated the InstallTest batch file to pause before exiting in certain situations on 64-bit versions of Windows.
- Update logging behavior to create individual per-session log files (session.log) and to collate several session log files into messages.log
- Add the ability to delay the re-allocation of sections for a train set with continuous running. The delay can be set as either a duration in minutes or triggered by a sensor. - KD
The CV table in DecoderPro is now sortable and by default appears in order by number.
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
- The Yardmaster window now has a "Next" button which allows the window to be used with the JMRI web server. The drop down menus unfortunately don't work when using a browser to access the windows remotely.
- Improved the Conductor and Yardmaster window layouts.
- Fixed the "Exclude" option in the Destination window for classification/interchange tracks.
- Fixed the "All Trains" feature when using consolidation mode in switch lists.
- Fixed the "Return when Empty" when a car entered staging with a custom load, and the remove custom loads option was enabled.
- Fixed a problem with the train manifest showing the wrong number of utility cars for pick ups and set outs. Thanks to Joe Mattick and Clay Smith for bring this to our attention.
Ken Cameron made the following changes:
- Added code to prevent bad programming track writing to CV's greater than 255 which are not supported by the PowerHouse command station. Using the ops mode works as well as the PowerCab with the whole 1024 range.
- Fixed wrong properties name in USB Interface panel.
David Heap improved the NCE Monitor.
John Lang provided a signal definition for the New York Central on October 28, 1956.
Martin Jahner fixed the behavior of constant checkboxes in DecoderPro
Pierre Billon translated some decoder definition elements into German, French and Spanish
Mike Mosher provided Tsunami updates
Robin Becker provided another Tam Valley decoder definition