Release Notes for JMRI 3.3.8 release
Date: June 25, 2013
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.3.8 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.4 production release at mid-year.
New warnings for this version:
For users of JMRI on Microsoft Windows, the installer will now request Administrator permissions if the user running the installation is not a member of the administrators group. Users of Windows Vista or later may receive a UAC (User Account Control) pop-up message when installing.
The TCS decoder definitions have been extensively reworked. You'll notice that they list different families and the models are organized differently. This is to make the automatic identification work much better. Please let us know if you encounter any problems with this.
This release and all future releases will not support the NCE serial interface running at 19,200 baud.
The decoder definition files have been extensively reworked for this release series to reduce their size and allow them to be translated to other languages. Please keep an eye out for any inadvertent changes to the definitions that might have been introduced.
This release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6 or later.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.3.7:
- Fix issue with the editing of the forward blocking sensor
- Fix an issue where a simple circular track circuit doesn't get the signal mast pairs detected correctly.
- Fix an additional issue when a signal mast logic is deleted it may generate an NPE.
- Prevent potential NPE during JSON operations
- Fix a out of range exception in dispatcher.
- Correct the way that the auto active train stops using a speed profile
- Adjustments to the way that final speed step is in a calculation is handled.
- Set JSON protocol version for 3.4