Release Notes for JMRI 3.3.4 release
Date: April 14, 2013
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.3.4 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.4 production release at mid-year.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:
This release and all future releases will not support the NCE serial interface running at 19,200 baud.
The decoder definition files have been extensively reworked for this release to reduce their size and allow them to be translated to other languages. Please keep an eye out for any inadvertent changes to the definitions that might have been introduced.
This release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this releaseIn operations, using the new destination feature can sometimes cause the program to decide too early that all cars for a location have been processed.
NCE USB incorrectly blocks Ops Mode Loco programming. Fixed in 23229.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.3.3:
- The following changes were made to network services:
- The JSON Server can be automatically started when JMRI starts -- Randall Wood
- The JSON Web Servlet can update or add turnouts, sensors, and other objects -- Randall Wood
- Updated the DCC signal head decoder to allow user defined numbering for different aspects. -- Kevin Dickerson
- Fixed a bug in the DCC Signal Mast when copying a Signal Mast which has aspects set as disabled. -- Kevin Dickerson
- Added in the ability to stack Entry/Exit (NX) Interlocks. -- Kevin Dickerson
- SignalMast Logix & NX Interlocking, now considers the opposing blocks when it encounters a double crossover. -- Kevin Dickerson
- SignalMast - When an Aspect is either disabled or enabled, the Aspect ComboBox in the table is reflect this change. -- Kevin Dickerson
- Provided a new method to edit turnout and sensor details. -- Kevin Dickerson
- Fixed a problem with help links that reported a 404 error through the default browser. -- Dan Boudreau
- The Locations window now shows the track types for each location.
- New feature, for classification/interchange tracks you can now restrict which destinations the track will serve. See "Track Destination" under Tools in the edit track window. NOTE, a user has found that sometimes the program doesn't process all of the cars at a location when using this feature. This will be fixed in the next test release.
- You can now tell the router if you want it to consider yard tracks when routing a car. Deselect "Enable Car Routing via Yards" in the Option window under Tools in the settings window if you don't want to use yards when routing cars. The yards are still available for other purposes.
- Fixed a problem where the program wouldn't correctly select a staging track when exclude train or route was used.
- Fixed an issue where the program would route too many cars to a spur with a schedule.
- Fixed a problem where a car with a custom load in route would lose which schedule item the car had been assigned when the train carrying the car was reset.
- Fixed a problem where a switcher would ignore a car's wait count. Thanks to Joe Mattick for finding and reporting this issue.
- On LocoNet systems with transponding, fix a spurious power-off when doing ops-mode decoder reads.
- Added preliminary support for the SB5 and Twin systems.
- Expanded support for the updated PowerCab (1.65) and the updated USB (7.*)
- Changed the way NCE systems figure out which menu options are supported for a given connection type.
- Removed the multiple line format of the Cab Monitor based on user feedback and headaches it caused the code.
- Cab Monitor now displays AIU inputs bits as functions on the cab.
- Added USB Interface support to allow changing the USB cab number
- You can now use the "Start Up" pane in preferences to have any of the six Operations windows open when the program starts. You can also use that to put buttons on the PanelPro or DecoderPro startup window to open the Operations windows without going through the menus.
- In the past, all menu items were listed under the Preferences "Start Up" choices for a new action or button. This is slowly changing so that only valid ones, based on the currently configured connection(s), are displayed. This is meant to make it easier to find the ones you're looking for. This is a subtle change to the code, so please let us know if something has gone awry. About 1/3 of the system-specific items have been removed so far, with the migration intended to be complete by the time JMRI 3.4 is released this coming summer.
- Added the possibility to copy a selection from the System Console to the clipboard -- Matthew Harris
- Michael Mosher updated the Tsunami decoder definitions
- Michael Mosher added a new NCE N103 decoder definition
- Nigel Cliffe provided definitions for the Harman DCC "Signalist" decoders
- The DCC manufacturers list was updated with the most recent NMRA assignments
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
Ken Cameron made the following changes to NCE systems: