Release Notes for JMRI 3.1.7 release
Date: December 9, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.1.7 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.2 production release.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:None
Older warningsThis release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
To allow use of UTF-8 characters (special characters with accents, Japanese text, etc) in XML files, particularly decoder definitions, the default file encoding has been changed to UTF-8. This requires a change to the startup scripts distributed with JMRI. If you're just using the JMRI-provided startup tools, you should be all set. This was done in JMRI 3.1.6, so if you installed that, you're OK now. If you're using your own custom startup scripts, you need to add a "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" option to them. If you have any problems with special characters in your existing files, please let us know as soon as possible.
Known problems with this releaseNone.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.1.6
Decoder Selection Tree - Decoder family groups are now kept together within the Manufacturer list (Kevin Dickerson)
Layout Editor - The click area for turnouts now increases to match larger turnout circle sizes (Steve Todd)
Nigel Cliffe updated the Zimo programming script for additional functions
Dan Boudreau made the following changes to operations:
- Additional improvements to the train build report, a better description of location moves.
Matthew Harris made the following changes:
- Updated the About dialog to now incorporate the application name in the title bar and to include copyright information in the window itself.
- Following input from Dave Merrill, updated the audio documentation to better clarify the use of velocity with audio sources.
Mike Mosher updated the ESU LokSound Select decoder definitions, and the SoundTraxx MC IMRC and Genesis decoder definitions.
Mark Waters update the Zimo version 28, 30 and 31 decoders.
Mark Underwood made changes to Virtual Sound Decoder:
- New, consolidated user interface keeps all decoders in one window
- New locations manager makes setting physical locations easier
- New, smoother sounding Diesel engine model
- Numerous bug fixes in various areas (and, likely, new bugs!)
- Usability improvements including tool tips
- "Load VSD Files" window remembers the last folder you visited
- New Listener model handles listener location and orientation
- New Validator catches errors in VSD files when the file is loaded