Release Notes for JMRI 3.1.3 release
Date: September 11, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 3.1.3 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.2 production release.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:None
Older warningsThis release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this releaseThis release does not work properly with some NCE systems. People have reported problems programming CVs and running trains. We expect that this will be fixed in JMRI 3.1.4 when it's released. In the meantime, we recommend that NCE users not install this release (JMRI 3.1.3), but stay with JMRI 3.1.2 instead.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 3.1.2
Pete Cressman made the following changes:
- TextLabels, LocoIcons, SensorIcons in text display mode, MemoryDisplayIcons can be rotated to any angle along with any margin or border decorations they have.
- LocoIcons may have a "docking location" specified.
- Sensor overlay bug fixed.
- Picklist will retain user's location.
Kevin Dickerson made the following changes:
- Editors - Fix an issue where memory icons that load with an empty string value, the saved background color is ignored and subsequently lost
- Block Table - The unit length is now remembered between sessions
- Auto Dispatcher Train - If a train has been created using a roster entry, the roster entry is now passed to the throttle manager rather than just the address, this allows use roster entries and systems that support multiple protocols, it also allows the use of the loco to be recorded in the roster entry
- Turnout Table - The feedback sensor selection is now done via a drop down list rather
- Entry Exit - The cancel/clear route option can now be accessed via mouse pop-up on the source sensor icon in a panel
- Tables - Remove the un-necessary question when adding a username to an item for the first time if the item has yet to be used.
- Logix - Fix bug 3565824 - create Logix button staying disabled.
Steve Todd made the following changes:
- add initial /panel/ servlet support for Layout Editor and Control Panel panels.
- add a web page for drawing panels in the browser (supports only limited number of elements now)
Several additional features have been added to the OpenLCB support, including an updated node browser that directly lets you configure boards and improvements to the specific configuration tools.
Mike Mosher contributed a decoder definition for the MTH Expanded DCC decoder.
Jack Shall contributed an update to the Tsunami diesel decoder definition to add the GN1000 series and EMD 645 (non_turbo)
Clint Taylor improved the LocoNet slot monitor.
- Loconet Slot monitor will refresh if cmd station ops sw 36, 37, 38, or 39 is set to closed 'c'. This is Feature Request 1876188 which specifically asked for Ops SW 36, but there is no reason to limit to sw 36, since 39 will erase all slots memory.
- The Loconet Slot monitor function Key were active for System Slots. This could have caused Command Station configuration issues. As a result of this change Function Keys F1-F8, E Stop button, and Free button will not longer work for the reserved system slots which are above slot 120.