Release Notes for JMRI 2.99.2 release
Date: January 12, 2012
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.99.2 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.0 production release, probably in Summer 2012.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:None
Older warningsThis release, and all other releases in this cycle, require Java 1.6 or later.
Known problems with this releaseThere are currently some connectivity issues for Users running Windows v7 64-bit and a Digitrax PR3 interface. If you are experiancing issues, then please raise a question on the JMRI Users group for assistance.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 2.99.1
Dan Boudreau made the following enhancements and fixes to operations.
- Added a new tool to help with custom loads and schedules. Now you can select a car type and load and see which spur with schedules will receive and ship that commodity. See under Tools "Show schedules by car type and load" in the Schedules window.
- Schedules in match mode now shows a hit count. The hit count is incremented every time a schedule's line item is used during a build.
- Improved the car import feature. Now the program can be told to automatically create new car types and adjust track lengths during the import. Saves a lot of time if your importing a lot of cars with new car types.
- Improved loco and caboose changes in a train's route. Now you can depart without a caboose and add one later in the route, or depart with a caboose and remove it in the route.
- The switch list button in the Trains window is now highlighted in red when changes occur to switch lists that have been printed.
Randall Wood made various improvements to Mac OS X support.
Steve Todd updated jmdns.jar to v3.4.1 (latest release from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jmdns/).
David Zuhn fixed the problem with preferences in Mac OS X that first appeared in JMRI 2.99.1