Release Notes for JMRI 2.13.3 release
Date: October 16, 2011
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.13.3 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the next in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 3.0 production release.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:
Older warningsThe way in which UserNames are edited in the tables changed in JMRI 2.13.1, renames are now performed via a mouse pop-up menu and can not be directly edited.
The method we use for building release files was extensively changed with JMRI 2.13.1. Please let us know of any problems with installation or unpacking.
This release of "DecoderPro 3" is a test. There are a few more features we'd like to add, but before doing that we need feedback from users; does it work for you, what do you want to see changed, etc. We'll look at all the information which comes back and incorporate it in future developments. We have tested "DecoderPro 3" and are not expecting major file-damaging faults. But with any test-release of software there is always a small risk that something has been overlooked. So, please check that you have a backup of your Roster files just in case something unexpected happens. If you install with the Windows installer, a backup copy of your old files (including the roster) is created by default.
JMRI 2.12 is the last release which is completely supported by Java 1.5. Starting with this release, there will be minor interface features, such as drag-and-drop of some items, that require your computer to have Java 1.6 installed. Computers with only Java 1.5 will still be able to use JMRI, including PanelPro and DecoderPro, through the end of this 2.13.* release cycle. Releases in the next cycle will require Java 1.6.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release 2.13.2
Dan Boudreau made the following enhancements to operations.
- Fixed a problem in aggressive mode where all cars from staging would fail to find a destination.
- Improvements to conductor window, you can now modify the train's set outs and pick ups on the fly.
- Added the operation menus to all of the major windows, Settings, Cars, Locomotives, Locations, Routes, and Trains.
- Improved the build sort in the Cars and Locomotives windows. The sort now considers the date format MM-YYYY where MM is the two digit month, and YYYY is the year. The year can be two or four digits, two digit years are converted to the 1900s.
- You can now change all of the track types for a location, see under Edit Location->Tools "Change Track Type".
Kevin Dickerson made the following enhancements.
- Fixed a Bug in the XPressNet Simulator where if either the system prefix or system name had been updated, the details would not be saved
- Fixed a Bug in the CAN Simulator, where the port selected wasn't saved or reloaded correctly
- Removed the requirement to select a valid serial port for the CMRI Simulator
- Updated the code so that the status screen is correctly updated when a network connection fails
- Updated the DP3 interface so that roster entries can be printed out from the front screen
- Fixed a Bug in the DP3 interface whereby the Roster Groups pane would not be displayed when a group was created
- Fixed a Bug in the SignalHead code for the panel editor, where the held SignalHead would not be displayed
Steve Todd made the following enhancement to the mini web server.
- Added (optional) server-side image resizing. Include MaxWidth=xx and/or MaxHeight=yy in querystring to use.