Release Notes for JMRI 2.11.8 release
Date: MMM DD, 2011
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.11.8 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the eighth in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 2.12 or 3.0 production release in 2011.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:(None yet)
Older warningsDevelopment Version 2.11.4 contains significant improvements to the Powerline Interfaces. Some of these improvements involved a complete restructuring of the underlying code. As a result, previously working Preferences may now show no connections for some of the Powerline Interfaces. If this occurs, go to Preferences and setup the Powerline Layout Connections again. Then save the Preferences and restart JMRI.
In Development Version 2.11.3 JMRI instituted a more robust and transparent system for handling missing panel icon files. If missing icon files are discovered during the panel loading process this system presents a dialog box that allows the user to either delete the offending reference or use the file browser to find the proper location. Older versions of JMRI didn't always fully remove the references to deleted panel icons. Panels which contain these stray references will present the dialog box during the first panel load. If the panel worked fine before, simply choose the delete option for each "missing" icon presented to remove the stray references. Once the panel has finished loading, save/store the panel file, quit JMRI and then reload. As a precaution, we recommend either making a backup copy of your panel file before diving in or saving the modified file under a different name
There have been extensive changes to the throttle code. If you have written scripts that use throttles, particularly multiple throttles, please check to make sure they still work.
The numerical values of "ON" and "OFF" for Lights changed in JMRI 2.11.2, along with some of the other constants in the class. This will have no impact on people just using the program. If you're using scripts with numerical values in them, please recode them to use the symbolic values.
Known problems with this releaseNone at the time of this release.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release version 2.11.7
Pete Cressman - Add user's name to loconet titles when user has modified default name to distinguish multiple connections
The initial display of the CBUS console was fixed so that the buttons show properly.
New operations features and bug fixes:
- Fixed some of the operations windows so the input text fields now work correctly when using large font sizes.
- Fixed a bug were the program didn't check to see if a train could service a track when the car had a destination assigned to it before the build.
- Fixed web server panel click on Positionable components,
- JMRIMobile speed improvements
Greg Watkins provided a decoder definition for the Hornby R8245 decoder
Walter Thompson updated the SE8c signaling example.
- Fix in roster copy for NPE that prevented the copy from working.
- Fixed an error in the loading of Simple Signaling Logic (SSL) where an invalid entry potentially causes all of the logic not be loaded and are lost on any subsequent stores.
- Fixed an error that potentially prevented the pop-up menu for a turnout from being displayed.
- Fixed an error in the global sensor de-bounce load process that potentially prevented sensors from not being loaded correctly.
- Added the CSX-1998 Signal Masts
- Updated the AAR-1946 Signal Masts to work with the Signaling Logic.