Release Notes for JMRI 2.11.6 release
Date: June 8, 2011
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test version 2.11.6 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the sixth in a series of test versions. We expect this series to end in a JMRI 2.12 or 3.0 production release in 2011.
It contains many new features. See the complete list below.
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test version should be considered experimental.
New warnings for this version:(None yet)
Older warningsDevelopment Version 2.11.4 contains significant improvements to the Powerline Interfaces. Some of these improvements involved a complete restructuring of the underlying code. As a result, previously working Preferences may now show no connections for some of the Powerline Interfaces. If this occurs, go to Preferences and setup the Powerline Layout Connections again. Then save the Preferences and restart JMRI.
In Development Version 2.11.3 JMRI instituted a more robust and transparent system for handling missing panel icon files. If missing icon files are discovered during the panel loading process this system presents a dialog box that allows the user to either delete the offending reference or use the file browser to find the proper location. Older versions of JMRI didn't always fully remove the references to deleted panel icons. Panels which contain these stray references will present the dialog box during the first panel load. If the panel worked fine before, simply choose the delete option for each "missing" icon presented to remove the stray references. Once the panel has finished loading, save/store the panel file, quit JMRI and then reload. As a precaution, we recommend either making a backup copy of your panel file before diving in or saving the modified file under a different name
There have been extensive changes to the throttle code. If you have written scripts that use throttles, particularly multiple throttles, please check to make sure they still work.
The numerical values of "ON" and "OFF" for Lights changed in JMRI 2.11.2, along with some of the other constants in the class. This will have no impact on people just using the program. If you're using scripts with numerical values in them, please recode them to use the symbolic values.
Known problems with this releaseNCE consist editor doesn't work properly. Last version to work okay was 2.11.4, will be fixed in 2.11.7.
Please use these links for downloading:
Changes since test release version 2.11.5
Walt Thompson contributed an improved SE8cSignalExample XML file
New operations features and bug fixes:
- You can now specify an alternative track for sidings with schedules. See Tools->Options in the Schedule window.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that were introduced by using the change track type tool. FIFO, LIFO, schedules, and train services are features that only certain track types support. The program now only allows certain feature to work based on track type.
- Fixed the car and loco import tools to work correctly when the "comma" attribute is part of the import file.
- Improved car import by allowing users the option of having the program automatically create new locations and tracks during the car import.
- Print car and loco roster can now show the value field.
- Export car and loco now exports the value field.
- Switch lists now show the train's arrival and or departure direction.
- Occupancy Block Tables, PickLists, Palette bean tables are sortable.
- Fix bug where auto trains waited indefinitely when resynchronizing block entry.
- Fix bug introduced in 2.11.5 where rotated SignalMasts were not stored properly.
- Add copy warrant button to warrant list table.
- Panel grants local control of block with "Out Of Service" status.
- Update context report to also include system manufacturer
- Updated the Windows documentation to help debug JMRI shutdown problems
- Enabled Blocks data to be populated via Reporters
- Fixed bug that caused Layout Editor panels not to be deleted when Delete Panel chosen on File menu
- Fixed an error that would occur if a cv value is left blank. If the user blanks out a value and doesn't enter in a new, then the old value is restored.
- Prevented an error from occurring when the power on command is issued to the NCE Power Cab via the usb interface.
- Fixed a bug with the default selector for the throttle manager.
- Fixed a bug in the Speedo Console read button, where the correct address isn't correct read.
- Updated the file export facility on the Speedo Console, so that the forward and reverse values for a given speed step are on the same row.
- Newly opened windows will now cascade down the screen rather than stacking up on top of each other.
Stephen Lowens updated the Digitrax SFX definition.
Randall Wood updated the fast clock in memory variable support, and added some fixed memory values to the XMLIO support so that web browsers can inquire about the JMRI version, etc.
Nigel Cliffe provided a new decoder definition for DCC Concepts loco decoder, developed using information from Richard Johnson of DCC Concepts. He also provided a new decoder definition for the CML Electronics DAC 20 decoder.
Michael Mosher improved the ESU LokSounds V4.0 decoder definition.
Gert Muller fixed some issues with international characters and improved the layout of the throttle address field when running Linux.
Mark Waters provided a large group of Zimo Unified decoder definitions.
Steve Todd added protocol to send MiniWebServer port to Wi-Fi devices.