Release Notes for JMRI 1.2.5 production release
Date: August 24, 2003
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: DecoderPro new production version 1.2.5
- A new production version of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download. The links are below, after some warnings you should read.
- Version 1.2.5 has a long list of updates over the previous 1.1 production version, including new DCC systems, new tools, and new decoder definitions.
- If you've never installed a version of this program before, please start with the http://jmri.org/README.html page, and follow the links for your computer type and layout hardware. This will show you how to install the things that are needed before the program will run.
- If you've previously installed a working version of the program, you only need to download and install the proper one of the downloads listed below.
- If you haven't downloaded and run a 1.2.something test version, this version will require that you re-enter your preferences. You might want to open the preferences window (from the Edit menu) and write down your settings before installing this version. (You'll be able to go back to the older version if you need to)
- If you have pre-1.2.3 roster entries that use Zimo decoder definitions, you'll have to recreate them. The Zimo decoder definitions have been completely reworked in a better organization starting with test version 1.2.3.
Please use these links for downloading, including the "?download" at the end. That adds to SourceForge's advertising statistics, which makes them happy to host our stuff.
- Mac OS X: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jmri/JMRI.1.2.5.hqx?download
- MacOS 8/9 "Classic": http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jmri/JMRI.1.2.5.Classic.hqx?download
- Windows: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jmri/JMRI.1.2.5.exe?download
- Linux: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jmri/JMRI.1.2.5.tgz?download
- OS/2: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jmri/JMRI.1.2.5.zip?download