JMRI: NMRA 2014 Clinics
There were several JMRI clinics at 2014 NMRA convention in Cleveland OH,
including both old favorites and several new ones:
- John Stewart presented three clinics on using JMRI Operations.
Two of them general but the third focused on using Operations
within a steel mill layout.
- Ken Cameron hosted an overview of JMRI, intended to show
some of the structure and then expose all the major parts of JMRI so users
are aware of features of JMRI they might not have been using before. Also he
highlighted new areas and latest changes in JMRI.
- Dick Bronson provided a clinic focusing on the Control Panel Editor
and the features that this tool is optimal for using.
- David Duchamp presented the features of using the Layout Editor.
This is the simplest way to setup lots of information about your layout into
JMRI so it can help with signals, controls and automation options.
- Dick Bronson showed how to use the JMRI Warrants system to automate trains
on your layout.
- Ken Cameron and other developers also hosted the JMRI User Group meeting.
You met the folks behind the code and helped shape the direction of JMRI.
- Dick Johannes presented what the NER-HUB division is doing for modular layouts
adding signals via the CATS extension to JMRI.