JMRI: Southern Pacific 1969 Signalling DefinitionThis directory contains signaling definitions corresponding to the 1969 Southern Pacific Transportation Company rules as described in the "Rules and Regulations of the Transportation Department" booklet.
The Southern Pacific 1969 rulebook may be available in the files section of JMRI users Yahoo group, now at Groups.io.
There are three icon sets defined for most masts.
- noflash - a set of static icons depicting high signals
- shaped - a set of animated icons depicting high signals
- dwarf - a set of animated icons depicting low signals
Default DCC aspect numbers have been chosen to match the BNSF and UP definitions so that hardware that is compatible with those definitions can be used with this one too.
To backdate this definition to be compatible with the 1960 rulebook it is just a simple matter of disabling the flashing red restricting aspect in the edit dialogue on any searchlight masts which have it.
See the aspect page.
Signal Mast definitions:
- Triple searchlight with Lunar on lower head
- Double searchlight with flashing yellow marker lamp
- Double searchlight Lunar on lower head
- Double searchlight absolute signal
- Single searchlight with flashing white marker lamp
- Single searchlight with triangular 'P' plate
- Single searchlight with number plate
- Single searchlight with circular 'G' plate
- Single searchlight distant with 'D' prefixed number plate
- Single searchlight absolute signal
- Triple arm semaphore absolute
- Double arm semaphore with number plate
- Double arm semaphore absolute
- Double arm semaphore/searchlight hybrid absolute
- Single arm semaphore with triangular 'P' plate
- Single arm semaphore with circular 'G' plate
- Single arm semaphore absolute
- Single arm semaphore/searchlight hybrid absolute