- The default behavior for CBus Reporters has been changed to
not clear the report after a timeout. A new
CbusReporterTimeoutControl.py script is provided to
restore the previous behavior: After a timeout, the
report is cleared. The script also demonstrates how to
get a more granular control over this behavior.
- Improved Throttle support for 14 and 28 Speed Steps.
DCC++ and DCC-EX
- Set Turnout userName from Description when defined in myAutomation.h
- Support fastclock synchronization to DCC-EX
- Updated how initialization is done to fix a problem where Sensors
where not being properly located and operated.
JMRI Simple Server/JMRI Client
- The handling for LocoNet Reporters (i.e. transponding)
has changed. See the description
- Improved the timeout handling in the Strict packetizer.
- Fixed a problem where sometimes buttons in the Slot Monitor
- Add a delay to read/write programming operations on the main.
This is intended to help when doing reads of indexed CVs.
New / Updated decoder definitions
Doehler & Haas
Mistral Train Models
Norsk Modelljernbane (NJM)
- SmartDecoder XP5.1 - updated lowVersionID, changed CV7-8 to use include file
- Added Decoder Reset and CV for Decoder Test for Piko SUSI Decoder (Light decoder)
Public Domain and DIY decoders
Tam Valley Depot
- Extension with additional CVs for the Extended Function Mapping
- Small correction to the files for FW v39 and v40
- Added MN Non-Sound Decoders
- Added new CV's for MS- and MN-Decoders
- Add an "Export Variables to CSV" menu item in the
File menu on individual roster entries.
- Now shows a progress bar while exporting all roster entries,
so that you don't try to use the resulting file too soon.
- Fix the Tools ⇒ Check bezier options. Remove a bogus error message.
NX - Entry/Exit Tool
Meters and MeterFrames
- Improved OperationsPro help, paper size, additional links from TOC
- Many improvements to the train build report, car divisions, spurs and schedules, track type, etc.
- A car's wait count is now set to zero if the car's load name is changed
- Track tools now function as soon as track is added
- Made "ignore all" the default setting for the car set window
Control Panel Editor
- New AnyRail/AnyRailExportAdditions.py. For use with AnyRail export. Creates hardware occupancy Sensors and Turnouts,
cleans up the generated Blocks, and does some visual tweaks of the panel.
- New CreateSectionsFromBlocks.py. For each defined occupancy block, attempts to create a one-block Section
- New AddOccupancyIconsToPanel.py. Create and place SensorIcons and BlockContents for each occupancy Block on a panel
- Add binding "beans" for NamedBeanHandleManager
- The BR-2003 system now has medium-size semaphore icons.
- CheckForNull annotation added to the getAspect method.
Simple Signal Logic
USS CTC Logic
Turnouts, Lights, Sensors and other elements
- Fixed a bug in the Reporter Table that was causing the
Last Report column to actually display the Current Report.
Note that this is just a display bug; the underlying value and
property change notifications are correct, so this change won't
affect scripts, LogixNG, etc.
- The definition of "Last Seen" for Id Tags has been
clarified to mean "Location where the tag was last seen to be present".
Previously, a report that a tag was absent could be marked as the
last seen report. Not all hardware Reporters provide entry/exit reports, as
some just indicate that something has been observed in place; their "Last Seen" behavior
has not changed.
- Some Reporters, particularly LocoNet, would improperly clear an "enter" report
when an "exits" report for the same tag was seen elsewhere. This was an
error that has been fixed, but if you have scripts or LogixNG that depend on
this behavior you might have to update them.
Virtual Sound Decoder
- The VSD windows now remember their size and position from one run to another.
- Improved how window preferences are stored to reduce error messages
when JMRI is under high load.
- Update the JMRI install process for Raspberry Pi computers running the Raspberry Pi OS.
- Updated the roster and locomotive schema and the locomotive DTD to accept current contents.
JMRI has been writing extra content in its roster, and the schema and DTD files had not
kept up. This resolves that.
- The JOAL library has been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon machines.
- The JInput library has been updated to run natively on Apple Silicon machines.
- Added a new jmri.util.swing.CountingBusyDialog utility class.