JMRI Layout Automation
JMRI applications provide a large number of ways of automating your layout, ranging from simple fill-in forms to full-fledged scripting and programming capabilities. These include:
- JMRI provides signaling logic from simple to prototypical, which can be used to drive your signals in many applications.
- A simple form of automation is to define Routes, which allow you to simplify the control of your turnouts.
- Dispatcher lets you dispatch and (automatically) run trains on layouts with Layout Editor Panels.
- Warrants let you automatically run trains on layouts with Control Panel Editor Panels.
- Using JMRI Logix, you can specify actions to happen when various conditions occur on the layout.
- JMRI provides a very powerful scripting tool. Based on a real programming language, it gives you access to all the JMRI capabilities.
- Writing your own code in Java
- The JMRI libraries greatly simplify writing a program to make your layout do exactly what you want.